Google Earth is a fantastic, FREE, tool for teaching and learning. There are many, many different ways of using it. It’s almost as if the whole world is a canvas!
As befits Google Earth, the following are some ideas from educators around the world as to how to use the program effectively.
Tom Barrett has created a Google Presentation to which other educators have contributed. Check it out here:
- gMapExplorer (nifty alternative to Google Earth, but needs browser plugin installed first!)
- Google Earth Goods wiki
- Google Earth lessons
- Google UK Schools
- Digital Geography – Google Earth posts
- Google Earth blog
- Ogle Earth
- Google Earth mobile (e.g. iPhone)
- Jim F’s Google Earth Netvibes page
- Google – Geo Education: classroom ideas
Know any other useful links not in the guide or above? Please share them! 🙂