Librarian blogs and social networks

Angie Dickson, our new librarian, is an fan of the PE blog Phil Rowland set up for this academic year and wants to set up her own. Not only can she use this blog to communicate with students at our school, but with librarians and heads of information services worldwide!

Here’s some examples of some great (newbie-friendly) blogs in the field:

There are also some social networks powered by Ning related to libraries and information services:

Finally, there’s a great website called LibWorm that’s a search engine just for librarians! :-)

(image from The Read/Write Web: Social Software and Libraries)

7 Responses to “Librarian blogs and social networks”

1.   Cathy Nelson Says:

Hey thanks for the nod. You forgot my absolute favorite library related blog, The Blue Skunk (http://doug-johnson.squarespace.com/) is written by a great library media coordinator. He’s funny, down to earth, and always makes me think outside the box. Best there are many “take-aways” from his blog. Check him out too.

2.   n2teachingonline Says:

These are all great librarians, resources and ideas. I love librarians, and you have included some of my favorites. I will check out Libworm. It must be a VERY powerful search engine, if it is meant for librarians, the industrial searchers of the internet. Thanks for the great post.

3.   Doug Belshaw Says:

@Cathy: Thanks, Cathy. I’m aware of Doug Johnson, but he talks about a lot of random stuff! Thought his blog wasn’t so ‘newbie-friendly’ (but still very entertaining…)

@n2teachingonline: Glad you like it! :-)

4.   Judy O'Connell Says:

Awesome to be included in your list! and what’s more, you have introduced me to a brand new blog that I had missed in my blogosphere travels. I’m off to read Anne’s posts now. Thanks!

5.   John Larkin Says:

Thanks Doug,

I have already shared this post with the librarians at school.

Cheers, John

6.   ianmclean Says:

G’day! Great to be in such esteemed company!

Regards, Ian

7.   Camilla Elliott Says:

Thanks for the mention of my blog on you site. Glad you consider it useful for newbies as I try to keep it simple. Note your posting about Glogster and have to agree it’s just fabulous. I used it for a conference presentation this week and will put up a note about it – so much less linear than powerpoint. Cheers Camilla

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. links for 2008-09-28 « The View From My Window